|Original Name||Daniel Danny Boyle|
|Net Worth||$45 Million|
|Sourcce of Income||Acting|
|Annual Income||$600 Thousand|
Dev Patel, born on April 23rd, 1990 is a young Hollywood actor who made his first steps into the film industry and shit to fame soon enough.
- Hailing from a middle class family, Dev Patel’s dream to becoming an actor turned a reality when Danny Boyle discovered his talent at a very ripe age. Director Danny Boyle critically analyzed the role of Jamal. He was convinced that Dev Patel could represent the everyday Indian face in the movie. His debut movie Slumdog Millionaire catapulted him to fame. The worldwide box office collection was $377,910,544.
- Dev confessed that he never had actually visited India. He was born in Harrow, London and lived there with his Guajarati family. His family was very supportive of his passion from day one. He displayed his love for acting when he played the role of Sir Andrew Aguecheek in the play ‘Twelfth Night’. Soon he began playing major roles for his school plays. People realized that he was more than just an actor. At a young age of 24, Dev Patel’s net worth is close to $3 million in the film industry.
- While filming for Slumdog Millionaire, he met Frieda Pinto who was starring opposite him as Latika in the movie. They began dating each other for six years in a row.Later, they spent $1.5 million on their new rental home located in Santa Monica, LA. They were spotted moving in together in 2011. Recently in an interview The Guardian, he said that he had split up with Frieda in 2014.
- Dev Patel also starred in movies like The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and its sequel The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel .He was paid $200,000 for his role in the movie. He also starred in The Last Airbenderand in Skins as Anwar Kharral. He was also starred in The Child Within alongside industry magnates like Gary Old man and Tom Hardy.
- Dev Patel was a nominee for BAFTA Award For Best Actor in Leading Role, MTV Movie Award for Best Male Breakthrough Performance, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting. The 2009 Screen Actors Guild Awards(SAG) went to Heath Ledger for Dark Knigh though Dev Patel was nominated for it.Despite that, he won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for his role in Slumdog Millionaire.