|Original Name||Daniel Danny Boyle|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Source of Income||Film Director|
|Annual Income||$3 million|
Daniel “Danny” Boyle was born on October 20, 1956 and is an internationally acclaimed actor who is an Academy Award director. A Film Producer-Director, Television Director-Producer and a Screenwriter, Danny Boyle is a widely recognized celebrity for his brilliance in directing award winning movies.
- He won the Academy Award for best director of movie Slumdog Millionaire in which actor Dev Patel and actress Freida Pinto worked. He also bagged the Oscar in 2008 for his rags to riches story for the same movie. He enjoyed his worldwide fame when this movie hit a new hype.
- He is known for directing movies like Trainspotting, 127 Hours, 28 Days Later and Slumdog Millionaire. Trainspotting had earned him critical acclaim and financial success soon after. He was stated to begin filming the sequel Trainspotting 2 in 2015. Initially, he started out with movies centering around black comedies. He specialized at shifting genres which he though kept his unique voice and captured a large number of audiences.
- Trainsportting’s domestic box office collection was $16,491,080. 127 Hour’s worldwide box office collection was $60,738,797 while 28 Days Later worldwide box office collection was $82,719,885. Slum dog Millionaire’s worldwide box office collection was $377,910,544 which broke all records.
- Director Boyle is also known to turn down knighthood for his work behind London’s Euro 27 million Olympic opening ceremony. He stated saying “it’s just not me.” He felt that being a part of the team, it would not be fair to receive an individual award since the success was solely because of a team of people including the Queen.
- He was made the patron of HOME which is the new cultural space and social space for Manchester. Its opening was scheduled for Spring 2015.Manchester City Council had sanctioned Euro 25 million for creating a center that would concentrate on arts and culture.
- Danny Boyle has received numerous accolades over the years. He won the Academy Award for Best Director, Golden Globe Award for Best Director, Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film and BAFTA Awards for Best Direction for his movie Slum dog Millionaire. The film won 8 Academy Awards in total.He is also a recipient of awards like BAFTA Awards for Best British Film, Outstanding Contribution Award, British Independent Film Award for Best Director and British Independent Film Award for Best British Independent Film etal.